COVID-19 Update to Our Customers
Timely information for our customers
As the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) causes us to change how we work, we understand this is a challenging time and you may be experiencing impacts to your business. As we provide essential ingredients, feed and food that nourish people and animals, we are taking this responsibility very seriously and strive to keep our operations – and yours – running.
During this time, we are committed to providing timely and accurate information about our business operations for our partners and customers. We will post our most up-to-date information on the support you can anticipate from our employees and what to expect when you deliver grain to our locations.
Watch this page for updates and additional information in the coming days.
We are working differently
Because our top priority is to keep our employees, customers and communities healthy and safe while ensuring we can continue to do business, we have instructed many of our employees to work from home and refrain from face-to-face meetings. Our sales and customer service teams will continue to reach out and be available by phone, email or text to talk through your grain marketing needs.
What to expect at our facilities
- Grain elevators, corn milling operations, softseed facilities and crush plants remain open for deliveries.
- Effective immediately all of our locations are still open, but the offices are closed to walk-in traffic.
- You may encounter signage and barriers in place to ensure everyone’s safety. Signs may include a number to call for immediate service.
- For the time being, all checks will be printed and mailed locally where possible as we will no longer offer check pick-up at our locations. Please reach out to your local Cargill representative or customer service team if interested in signing up for direct deposit.
- Your Cargill representative and local Customer Service team are pleased to work with you via email, text, or over the telephone.
We may be working differently, but it does not mean our work stops. Our values – do the right thing, put people first and reach higher – are guiding every decision we make, including keeping our facilities open.
We are supporting communities
We are also working closely with our nonprofit partners to help address food insecurity and nutrition needs for vulnerable children and families, especially in light of widespread school closures. We are making contributions to local foodbanks and have announced corporate matching funds for local Cargill Cares council contributions.